The plan was to fly foot launch using my gear. Also assemble the Flat top and S trike and either just ride it to get used to it or if weather cooperates to try some trike taxiing. We tried to start Davids motor but it was giving us all sorts of troubles. After investigating further I have realized that there was cylinder gasket missing, cylinder head was scored and carburator was altered and leaking fuel.
He purchased this motor used and has never seen it before it was set and done. Unfortunately this is the risk you run trying to save $. At the present time we will try to fix his motor (again) but I am not sure if I have all the parts we need.
Unfortunately, the wind did not come down. I did go for quick flight to check the air and also demo PPG to Andrew but needed to descend on “big ears”. It was nasty. 12 kts from east is always awful!